Here is a great video on the physical way stress affects your body and how it makes you ill.
Tips on reducing stress
- Try to avoid situations which create unnecessary stress eg avoid interacting with “friends” who stress you out.
- For on-going stress eg work, try to take time out through the day.
- Manage stress weekly (preferably daily) by practising tai chi, yoga or meditation.
- Do some kind of fun activity such as a sport to give yourself an outlet for the adrenaline.
- Use a therapy such as Emotional Freedom Techniques to change your approach to stressful situations.